Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: rel-5-6-1
Security Level: Users (General product issues)
Sprint:Green Sprint 110, Green Sprint 111, Green Sprint 112
As a user, I want to download one file that will allow me to install Designer, Server bundle and JDK at once so I can easily evaluate the whole platform.
The installer will be available for Windows and macOS (Linux is not supported). It will not replace the installers for Designer we already have. The installer should follow standards for the respective platform.
Installation of the 3 parts (Designer, Server bundle, JDK) is optional, the user can choose what parts to install. Default option is to install all of them.
- re-use existing installers for Designer if possible (NSIS, dmg)
- if JDK is installed, both Server and Designer will use it
- there should be an easy way how to start/stop the Server (e.g. shortcuts in Start and on the Desktop, find a way how to do it on macOS)
- Server bundle should use it's defaults (port 8083, location of sandboxes, ...)
- if it is easily possible, deploy Server examples
- there will be one common EULA
- use common installation directory, e.g. Program Files\CloverDX - Designer, Server and JDK will be installed under this directory
- if it is not possible to use dmg for multiple apps or let them share JDK, explore other ways, e.g. pkg packages